• Naija Square Forum | Community | Discussion Forum | Join Us Today!

Who Do Doctors Go To When They Fall Sick?

Discussion in 'Straight Talks & Quotes' started by naijaflexo, Dec 4, 2016.

1. naijaflexo

naijaflexo Well-known Member

Let us get one thing right first –I am not a doctor. Now, that we got that out of the way, I can continue with my article from my perspective as a layman and patient to some doctors. Remember, if there are no patients there would not be need for doctors.

I was very inquisitive as a child with many questions running through my mind, one of the ones I remember vividly is: what happens to the food we ate? Do we have eba in our head for example or rice in our hands? Of course, I later learnt digestion in primary school (I cannot remember the class but I am sure it would be about the same class where you learnt it too).

Another big question which was quite logical to me at the time is: who do doctors go to for treatment when they fall ill (or sick as we say in Naija English)? Up till today I have not gotten a clear answer. Sure, I know doctors see other doctors for treatment but what I am not sure of is if they do so willingly or grudgingly. You know like Doctor Hope is examining Doctor Faith and the latter is thinking in her mind –‘what does she even know sef? I was smarter than her in med school’. Is this what happens to some doctors or do they willingly revert to the role of the patient that follows the doctor’s advice (pun intended)?

Another way of looking at this is the economics of it; why should one doctor pay another for a service that in theory at least they can provide for themselves? I might think like this if I were a doctor and I would love to know what doctors think and what their experiences are on the subject.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/doctors-go-treatment-fall-ill/

2. naijaflexo

naijaflexo Well-known Member

Doctors go to other doctors when fall ill. Everybody knows that!

3. johnBee

johnBee Well-known Member

Doctor's come to me when they fall sick. I the Naija Square Forum doctor :):):)

4. Admin

Admin Administrator

@johnBee Funny! Are you a comedian?

5. Jide

Jide Well-known Member

My uncle goes to a trusted friend who is also a medical doctor but he does so very reluctantly and when his wife presses him. I feel for him though.

6. Admin

Admin Administrator

@Jide You wrote that you feel for your uncle, why?

7. wtfngpeeps

wtfngpeeps Well-known Member

They go to their wives or mistresses :p:D